Online learning or Internet-based instruction, is an industry that has been fast growing since the public acknowledgment of the Internet. Starting in the corporate training sector and realizing its benefits, online learning is finding its way into the education system at a global scale.
- Content is presented in a course format (guided and self-paced) simulating drills and exercises from a real teaching environment. Instruction is organized, balanced, sequential and comprehensive.
- Online delivery promotes free and instant courseware upgrades. The end user doesn't need to install new software.
- Access anytime, anywhere makes it more flexible for the end user.
- Progress reports can be viewed online. Parents and teachers can view and monitor a student's progress anytime, anywhere.
- Internet-based courseware leverages technology in the classroom and promotes new thin client technology.