Prior to the development of the Tritone Music Series, research yielded the following facts:
- The positive effect of music education on a child's development has initiated the reintroduction of music as a core curriculum.
- Statistics indicate that the number of music teachers graduating from university is continuing to drop significantly. This means that the classroom teacher has to be responsible for teaching music.
- Convergence of technology in the classroom is changing the education landscape with the acceptance of music technology as a training medium for music.
- The education community is more accepting of the usage of technologies and content developed by the corporate sector.
- Next generation education will demand Internet access delivering meaningful tested content, innovative instructional design, assessment, evaluation and course management systems.